OK, in three pieces… there may even be more to follow since I haven’t yet exhausted the ideas on this subject.
Inspired by Thirty Seconds to Mars’ Stanger in a Strange Land…
other side of the same bead:
And that’s it for beads 3, 4 and 5 on the new torch.
I have yet to decide which one I like best. Which one is your favorite?
I had to move my studio and on this occasion I finally switched to a Minor torch that runs on propane and oxygen. The flame of my new beauty is beautifully hot and well defined. Plus it’s super silent compared to the Hothead.
Curious to see my new “studio”? I have in fact taken over a corner of the garage – unfortunately still without a proper ventilation. It is still not the ultimate place to be working at, but it will have to do for the time being.
The MINOR – the oxygen wasn’t yet connected to my beauty on this picture, as I see only now…
The first beads that came off the mandrel using this torch were slightly experimental, the idea having come to me in a dream:
Almost a month since my last post…I was a little creative though, but I did not take any pictures yet. The set above was made from these beads:
The beads were a mistake…. but a good one. In fact, a bead of my orange bracelet cracked and I had intended to make a replacement (plus a spare lentil). Unfortunately, the coral color I used for the stringerwork was not the same as the one used in the bracelet. This I noticed only after it came out of the oven. So I hade to make an other – and was left with 2 spare lentils in identical colors. Perfect for earrings! With an egg as a pendant it became a set.
Have a nice day!
It seems, I had forgotten to show you the pictures of this bead after it’s creation last year.
So, here it comes, the grey-purple and not so orange-orange bead with my first self-made murrini. The white flower – yes, yes, yes, that was my first murrini @home…The orange blossom is a simple poked dot-group.
As I said, the April opal was so fascinating, that I wanted to try it with other glass colors. The next day, I made one using Double Helix Clio.
The swirls are made with Rubino Oro.
Yesterday, the sun shone long enough to allow for some nice pictures.
I’ll show you the Khaos-test-bead I made the same day.
It was supposed to be a test only, but when the lentil was done, I noticed that I had forgotten to heat up my oven. I switched it on and went back to the torch to decorate the bead a bit more. The lighter-colored bubbles were poked onto a base of Clio, the reddish ones on Khaos.
I like how the dots of the background reflect in the raised transparent dots…
Angela (perlaperla) shared this wonderful Opal Bead tutorial on her blog and this week I finally got around to make one too…
This one is done using a base of Moretti black 064 covered in a thin sheet of fine silver on which I applied Reichenbach silverbrown, encased it in clear and added some swirls using a thin rod of Moretti 026, trapped some air bubbles, shaped it all and voilà…
It is described much more quickly than it is done, but it was so much fun and I loved the result so much that the next day I made an even bigger one using other colors. Unfortunately the sun refuses to shine since that bead was made, so I got no pictures of it yet.